Cristiano Ronaldo reacts to rape allegation, “it’s fake news” (video)
Juventus forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, has responded to the rape accusations against him, published in a German magazine.
Ronaldo’s lawyers are to take legal action against Der Spiegel over ‘blatantly illegal’ allegations by an American woman she was raped nine years ago by the star.
Kathryn Mayorga, aged 34, was unveiled on Friday as the woman who has accused Ronaldo of sexually assaulting her in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2009.
Ronaldo took part in an Instagram live earlier this week where he responded to fans’ questions on a variety of topics.
It is unclear what was the exact question asked before Ronaldo seemingly dismissed the allegations.
Looking @ the camera, he said:
“No, no, no, no, no. What they said today? Fake, fake news. They want to promote themselves by using my name. It’s normal. They want to be famous to say my name, but it is part of the job. I am a happy man and all good.”