Senator Shehu Sani lists eight reasons for extreme poverty in Northern Nigeria
According to Senator Shehu Sani from Kaduna State, below are the reasons for extreme poverty in Northern Nigeria.
1. Neglect of Agriculture and dependence on oil revenues;
2. Decadence and collapse of public education;
3. Fatalism;Septic extremism and toxic inter ethnic violence;
4. Abandoning the moral and ethical standards and economic vision and legacies of Ahmadu Bello;
5. Culpability of successive Northern leaders in power;entrenched Handouts culture;
6. Pliant attitudinal incumbrance of refusing to challenge leaders and hold them to account or the Slavery of loyalty or inimical subservience;
7. Decades of systemic marginalization,emasculation and oppression and
8. Institutional contempt for the poor by the regional elites.